|
NEW BEARA PENINSULA HERITAGE and GENEALOGY FORUM |
This PhotoSite is no longer being updated.
All our Members accounts and Photo Albums have been transfered to the new Heritage PhotoSite at: www.bhs.ie/heritage
Beara Historical Society is also pleased to offer membership to our Genealogy/Heritage Discussion Forum for all with connections to Beara at: www.bhs.ie/forum
|
Catégories |
Albums |
Fichiers |
|
14 |
352 |

|
|
32 |
189 |
|
Il y a 541 photos dans 47 albums et 2 catégories avec 12 commentaires affichées 136,240 fois |
Photos aléatoires |

Spanish Trawlersvu 313 foisSpanish Trawlers moored at Castletownbere
|
|

Bernie Cahillvu 830 foisAer Lingus chairman Bernie Cahill, Bere Island, who drowned tragically in a boating accident. August 15th 2001, aged 70
|
|

Daniel Tallonvu 346 foisGroup taken at Mansion House, Dublin. Daniel Tallon, Lord Mayor of Dublin 1897 to 1899 (after whom the Tallon Road is Called), is seated in centre front row. Second from left at rear is his Secretary Thomas Kennedy who was a native of Castletownbere and who accompanied him on his visit to inspect the distress in Beara in 1898
|
|

Cahergarriff National School 1930’s vu 324 foisFront Row L to R. Frank and Willie Murphy, Patrick O’Neill, Christy Conroy, John O’Sullivan, Sean (Johnny) O’Sullivan, Patrick (The Master) O’Sullivan, John and Teddy (Sharraig) O’Sullivan.
Second Row L to R. Eileen Power, Maureen and Peggy O’Neill, Una O’Neill, Kathleen (Johnny) O’Sullivan, Eileen McCarthy, Betty and Sheila Murphy.
Third Row L to R. Nealie O’Neill, Michael O’Shea, Teresa O’Sullivan, Chrissy O’Shea, Chrissie (Johnny) O’Sullivan, Diarmuid (Jonny) O’Sullivan Gerard O’Neill. Back Row Kevin Murphy, Pat O’Shea, Willie Power and James McCarthy.
|
|

Patrick Henry Harrington's Business Cardvu 98 foisFrom "MIDDLESEX COUNTY AND ITS PEOPLE" (1927)
P. HENRY HARRINGTON - A native and lifelong resident of Westford, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Mr. Harrington has been engaged there and in the surrounding territory for more than three decades with great success in the building and contracting business. He has been one of the chief factors in building up Graniteville and Forge Village, Middlesex County, the latter place especially owing the majority of its public and private buildings to his energy, ability, and enterprise. He is considered one of the leading contractors and builders in his section of the county and enjoys a very high reputation for integrity and for the high quality of all of the operations carried an by him and his organization. In spite of the heavy demands, which his constantly expanding business makes upon his time and energy, he has found it possible to take an effective part in the civic, fraternal, and religious life of Graniteville and Westford.
P. Henry Harrington was born at Westford, Middlesex County, March 7, 1872, a son of Patrick and Mary F. Harrington, the former a Civil War veteran, having seen three years' service with the United States Navy during this conflict, and far many years employed as a quarryman in Graniteville by the late William Reed. He died in November, 1885, and is buried in Lowell. Mr. Harrington was educated in the public schools of Westford and at an early age secured employment with Frank A. Orcutt, a prominent contractor of Lowell. Later he was connected for one year with P. T. McMahon, a contractor in Chelmsford, Middlesex County. In 1895 he established himself in the contracting and building business in Westford and Graniteville, in which he has continued ever since. He has been instrumental in the development of Graniteville and Forge Village. In the latter place he has erected mare than one hundred houses, representing about two-thirds of all the residences there. Many public buildings and factories have also been built by him, including several schoolhouses, a number of the buildings of the Abbot Worsted Company, moving picture theatres, etc. He also carries on an extensive jobbing and repair business. His operations cover an extensive area in Northern Middlesex County including such towns as Groton, Lowell, Pepperell and Concord. Far a number of years he has been a member of the Westford Finance Board and of the Board of Health. He is also a member of the Foresters of America, while his religious affiliations are with the Roman Catholic church, and more particularly with St. Catherine's Church, of Graniteville.
Mr. Harrington married, at Westford, June 15, 1899, Elizabeth J. Dunn, of Westford, a daughter of Thomas and Catherine (Digan) Dunn. Mr. and Mrs. Harrington are the parents of four children, all born in Westford:
1. Alice Elizabeth, born in April, 1900, a graduate of the public schools of Westford, Westford Academy, Notre Dame School of Lowell, and the Bryant & Stratton Business College of Boston, connected with her father's business as a bookkeeper and married to Philip H. Healy, of Graniteville, a son of Peter Healy.
2. Harold A, born March 12, 1904, a graduate of the public schools of Westford, Westford Academy, Chauncey Hall of Boston, and a student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, class of 1928.
3. Henry D., born November 9, 1905, like his older brother a graduate of the public schools of Westford, Westford Academy, Chauncey Hall of Boston, and a student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, class of 1928.
4. Edward F., born August 8, 1907, a graduate of the public schools of Westford, Westford Academy, St. John's Preparatory School at Danvers, and, in 1926, a student at Chauncey Hall, Boston. The family residence is located on Grass Street, Graniteville, where Mr. Harrington's business headquarters are also situated.
|
|

West End 1913vu 298 fois
|
|

Dinnie and Gervu 510 foisDinnie Phil O’Sullivan and Jeremiah O’Sullivan
Going for a load of hay on Roosk, Adrigole. 1990
|
|

Hungry Hillvu 79 foisSeen Here from the East End of Bere Island
|
|
Derniers ajouts |

The New Hotel. Castletown Berehavenvu 349 foisLooking across from Cametringane in 190424 Octobre 2010
|
|

The Old Mill. Castletownberevu 451 fois28 Juillet 2010
|
|

Perrin Hotel. Glengarriffvu 459 fois28 Juillet 2010
|
|

Post Office. Glengarriffvu 484 fois28 Juillet 2010
|
|

Church of Ireland. Glengarriffvu 472 fois28 Juillet 2010
|
|

Roches Royal Hotel. Glengarriffvu 474 fois28 Juillet 2010
|
|

Tourist Carvu 487 foisOutside the Eccles Hotel, Glengarriff28 Juillet 2010
|
|

Battleship 1st Classvu 463 foisPre Dreadnought Battleship moored at Castletown Berehaven 1904. Class type and name unknown.
28 Juillet 2010
|
|

Adrigole Bridgevu 408 fois28 Juillet 2010
|
|

Bantry Pierheadvu 438 fois‘Lady Elsie’ arriving from Castletownbere to meet the train
28 Juillet 2010
|
|

Bellevue Hotel. Glengarriffvu 455 fois28 Juillet 2010
|
|

Casey’s Hotel? Glengarriffvu 477 fois28 Juillet 2010
|
|

The Slipway outside Eccles Hotelvu 471 fois28 Juillet 2010
|
|

Glengarriff Castlevu 496 fois28 Juillet 2010
|
|

The ‘Lady Elsie’ vu 459 foisBerthed alongside the landing, Glengarriff28 Juillet 2010
|
|

The ‘Lady Elsie’ Glengarriffvu 447 fois28 Juillet 2010
|
|
Important Notice |
All photographs published on this PhotoSite are copyright of Beara Historical Society and the respective photographers.
Heritage PhotoSite images may be copied and downloaded for private use only. None of the material on this site may be copied for commercial use without written permission from the Society.
|
|
|