Most viewed |

John Kelly404 viewsCalling the Cows, Crooha West (Lower) Adrigole. Early 1990's
|
|

Castletownbere National School403 viewsDate and Pupils to be added
|
|

Bridget O'Sullivan402 viewsBridget of Kilmichael, Dursey Island was the last person to be interred in the O'Sullivan Bere Tomb on Dursey Island
|
|

Brandy Hall Boys N.S. 2nd, 3rd and 4th Classes 1931/1932. 394 viewsTeachers Patrick O’Neill and Padraig O’Shea. Back Row L to R. Peter (Barry) Murphy, Jack O’Connor. Droum, Denis Twomey. Derryrnihan, Joseph Harrington, Michael McAulliffe, Donal Houlihan, Joseph Moriarty, Jack Harrington, Finaha, Charlie Moriarty, Bertie Power (The Mill). Middle row, L to R. Louie Harrington, Pat Hawkins, Percival Power, (The Mill), Pat Fitzgerald. Eddie Power. (The Mill) Denis Donegan. Jackie Murphy (Fr.). Brian MacCarthy, (Fr.), Michael Hegarty, Pat O’Shea, Derry O’Neill, Denis Heffernan
Front L to R. Eoin Downing, Paddy Harrington, Eamonn Barry (M&L Bank), Owen O’Sullivan, Denis Barry (M&L Bank), Michael Merwick, James Power, Tim Crowley, Jackie O’Sullivan (Fr.).
|
|

Emigration Office394 viewsThis old building was discovered around the mid 1970’s when Bill Neill's bar was demolished in preparation for the building of the new A.I.B bank in the Square. It had been known locally in past times as the Passport Office. Here it was that people bought their boat tickets and made declarations as the first stage of being accepted into the USA
|
|

Brandy Hall School and Bridge390 viewsThe old Brandy Hall School now long gone
|
|

Technical School389 viewsTechnical School Staff 1960: Back row: Dave Crowley, Fr. McEligott, Seamus Lordan. Front row: Eileen Cotter, Michael Walsh, E. Duggan and Helen O’Sullivan.
|
|

Postmasters389 viewsPat Harrington (Dursey Island Postmaster), Jerry Harrington, and Tony Dudley (Garnish Postmaster) early 1960's
|
|

Tim Harrington M.P.388 views
|
|

Tim Healy387 viewsTim Healy with his father Maurice and father in law T.D Sullivan
|
|

Fr. Brian Harrington with his Sisters386 viewsFr. Brian, Sr. Patricia, Sr. Kathleen, Sr. Sheila Harrington (all three Sisters of Mercy) Fall River, Mass.
Their Grandmother was Mary Harrington, Kilcatherine, Eyeries.
Their Father was Jeremiah Harrington, Hollyhill, Rossmacowen
(emigrated to New Bedford, Massachusetts and married Eileen Cronin)
|
|

Eugene O'Sullivan383 viewsSeen here with Puxley's Mansion in the background. Eugene lived for many years on Puxley's Yacht at Dunboy
|
|

Eyeries National School 1930's380 views
|
|

Eddie (Big Eddie) O'Sullivan380 viewsBig Eddie enjoying the pint in MacCathy's Bar. Eddie was Beara's Creamery Lorry driver during the 1940's and 50's
|
|

Julia O' Sullivan379 viewsJulia O'Sullivan was born and raised in the 1870's in the Townland of Dromerken, (Drom Adharcin) Lauragh. Parish of Tuosist
|
|

James & Michael Lynch377 views
|
|
541 files on 34 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
6 |  |
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
Important Notice |
All photographs published on this PhotoSite are copyright of Beara Historical Society and the respective photographers.
Heritage PhotoSite images may be copied and downloaded for private use only. None of the material on this site may be copied for commercial use without written permission from the Society.
|