Most viewed |

Rock Art208 views
|
|

Standing-stone207 views
|
|

Martello Tower, Cloonaghlin, Bere Island207 views
|
|

Wedge-Tomb206 views
|
|

Hut site overlooking Coul205 views
|
|

Dean Halahan205 views
|
|

Cris O'Connell205 views
|
|

The old Pier at Bantry205 viewsThe Bantry Bay Steamship Company commenced a thrice-weekly service between Bantry and Castletown Berehaven in 1883 with the 'SS Countess of Bantry’.
This vessel was followed by the 'Princess Beara' in 1901. Other vessels operated by Bantry Bay Steamship Co. were the 'SS Lady Elise' and the 'Lady Betty Balfour,' which operated a passenger service between Bantry and Glengarriff. Passenger sailings on the Bantry Bay route ceased in the 1940’s.
|
|

Lightkeeper Dwellings204 viewsThe Lightkeepers Dwellings on Dursey Sound
|
|

Church of the Sacred Heart 1911204 views
|
|

Glanmore West 1929204 viewsMichael and Noreen O'Sullivan with baby Jim (my late father) and Dan,Flor,Jerry and Paddy.
Photo taken summer 1929 at Glanmore West north of Hungry Hill.
Michael & Noreen had two further children, Jack and Nellie.
Flor remained at the farm. Nellie married John O'Shea at Gurranes.Jack lived in London. Dan and Jim lived in Cumbria,U.K. Jerry and Paddy emigrated to Brooklyn.
|
|

Sacred Heart, Castletownbere203 viewsThe spire of the Church of the Sacred Heart, Castletownbere being removed in the 1930's
|
|

Ogham Piller202 viewsBallycrovane, Eyeries Parish
|
|

Inscribed Cross on rock outcrop at Crooha Middle, Adrigole197 viewsThe Cross is 14cm in diameter and possibly made by using a compass set at a radius of 7cm to scribe four arcs that intersect at the centre of the primary circle forming a marigold pattern. There are two other Crosses on nearby stones but one is less elaborate and the other is only partially finished. Various theory's have been put forward as to their purpose, ranging from the astronomical, marking an outdoor altar of early Christianity, being a mould for the communion host or even a bound marker of tarmon lands.
|
|

Kilmackowen196 viewsStanding Stone Kilmackowen
|
|

The Rectory, Ardgroom195 viewsPlaque on the wall of the Old Rectory celebrating Canon Goodman.
Unveiled 11th June 2005
|
|
541 files on 34 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
20 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|
Important Notice |
All photographs published on this PhotoSite are copyright of Beara Historical Society and the respective photographers.
Heritage PhotoSite images may be copied and downloaded for private use only. None of the material on this site may be copied for commercial use without written permission from the Society.
|