Last additions - Days of Yore |

The Long Tunnel Glengarriff296 viewsJul 30, 2008
|
|

The Cutting209 viewsDry moat at the Battery East End, Bere IslandJul 27, 2008
|
|

The Battery245 viewsThe Battery East End, Bere IslandJul 27, 2008
|
|

Early Steam Trawler265 viewsJul 27, 2008
|
|

The Castletownbere Rowing Club’s new gig, ‘Nabro’ 299 viewsTommy Fitzpatrick, (bow), Donal Holland (2), Nealius Duncan (3),
Pat Murphy (stroke) and Gerdie Harrington, as Cox.
18th May 2007Jun 28, 2008
|
|

King Edward VII Commemoration Medal, 1903 (Ireland) 188 viewsThis Medal was awarded to Sergeant William Ruth R.I.C during a Royal visit to Castletown Berehaven on the 1st August 1903 by King Edward and Queen Alexandra.
On the left, Hibernia can be seen looking over Kingstown (Dun Laoghaire) Harbour with the Royal Yacht Victoria & Albert III in the Background.
Jun 26, 2008
|
|

Martello Tower, Cloonaghlin, Bere Island207 viewsJun 23, 2008
|
|

Martello Tower. Ardagh, Bere Island213 viewsJun 23, 2008
|
|

The Rectory, Ardgroom195 viewsPlaque on the wall of the Old Rectory celebrating Canon Goodman.
Unveiled 11th June 2005 Jun 17, 2008
|
|

Harvey's Poulgorm Hotel. Glengarriff284 viewsThe Blue PoolJun 17, 2008
|
|

St. Michaels, Bere Island238 viewsPhoto taken in the early 1900's.
Note the number of British warships moored in the sound.Jun 17, 2008
|
|

British Warship passing Glengarriff306 viewsJun 17, 2008
|
|

British Fleet at Berehaven. Late 1800's345 viewsJun 17, 2008
|
|

O'Shea's Hotel. Glengarriff296 viewsJun 16, 2008
|
|

The Long Tunnel, Glengarriff278 viewsJun 16, 2008
|
|

The Old Mill, Castletown Berehaven279 viewsJun 16, 2008
|
|
352 files on 22 page(s) |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
9 |  |
 |
 |
 |
|
Important Notice |
All photographs published on this PhotoSite are copyright of Beara Historical Society and the respective photographers.
Heritage PhotoSite images may be copied and downloaded for private use only. None of the material on this site may be copied for commercial use without written permission from the Society.
|